Ronaldo forward of 2 hundredth cap: 'Records comply with me'



Cristiano Ronaldo has no intention of slowing down as he seems to turn into the primary male footballer to play 200 worldwide matches.

The veteran Portugal captain will attain that report if he options in Tuesday's Euro 2024 qualifier away to Iceland.

"For me it is an extremely important milestone," Ronaldo stated forward of the match. "It means a lot. Being the 200th game, I will be the first in history to do so, I'm very proud for this is something I never thought I could reach, but I have to keep going. I have much more to do.

"Tomorrow is a spherical, stunning quantity that no person has. I say it sincerely, I do not comply with the information, they comply with me. I am blissful, it is also my motivation to proceed enjoying on the highest stage within the nationwide workforce. It was one thing I by no means thought I might obtain. And I am persevering with to set information."

Ronaldo, 38, has an extended and distinguished worldwide profession. He's the main scorer in males's worldwide soccer with 122 objectives. He additionally grew to become the primary man to look and rating in 5 European Championship.

On the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, Ronaldo became the first male football player to score in five different World Cups.

"What's there left to beat?" Ronaldo asked while laughing. "I don't know. I do know that there are information that I maintain. What I would like most is to win and comply with the trail in the direction of the European Championship."

Ronaldo, who made his international debut in 2003 and has two major honours with Portugal. He led his country to success at Euro 2016 and the inaugural UEFA Nations League three years later.

"I am blissful and with ambition to proceed making loads of historical past for Portugal," he said. "I am hoping we are able to win extra titles. 200 video games performed proves the love I've for my nation. Feeling like an asset offers me delight and motivation. What I would like most is to assist Portugal."

And Ronaldo, who scored 14 goals in 16 league appearances since joining Saudi Pro League side Al Nassr in January after leaving Manchester United, said he still thinks he has a lot to give to his country

"I am going to keep right here till I, the [football federation] president and the coach consider I can. I am going to by no means hand over coming right here, as a result of it is all the time a dream. Representing the nationwide workforce is the peak of the profession. I wish to hold enjoying, make my household, associates and Portuguese blissful.

"Do I hope to do more? Obviously, that's why I'm here. That's why I keep on walking. Living the moment, day by day, seeing my form. I think I'm still doing well, helping, scoring goals and giving good performances. As long as I'm motivated and those around me like my presence and leadership, I will not give up the national team in any way.

"As [former Portuguese defender] Bruno Alves stated, 'I cannot give away my place totally free.' It has been an extended journey, but it surely will not finish quickly, I hope."




Supply hyperlink - espnfc.com