Richarlison opens up in courageous interview revealing he ‘searched about death on Google’


Richarlison opens up in a courageous interview revealing he ‘searched about demise on Google’ when struggling together with his psychological well being.


The Tottenham and Brazil participant has spoken about how he felt like ‘all the pieces fell aside’ after the 2022 World Cup, the place he scored three objectives for Brazil.


Regardless of his success on the sphere, the 26-year-old revealed in an emotional interview with ESPN Brasil that he struggled with melancholy following the event, which ended with Brazil’s elimination within the quarter-finals.


Richarlison confided in his father about his need to ‘hand over’ on account of private points, however he was in a position to overcome his struggles by in search of skilled assist.


In September, he made the choice to hunt ‘psychological assist’ after being visibly upset on the bench throughout a world break with the Brazilian nationwide workforce.



Richarlison stated he sought psychological assist following the event, saying it was “the best discovery I’ve ever had in my life.”


“Before I went to training, I wanted to go home, I wanted to go back to my room because, I don’t know what was going through my head,” Richarlison instructed ESPN Brasil. “I even went and instructed my dad I used to be going to surrender.


“It’s type of unhappy to speak like that, ? What I went via after the World Cup, discovering issues right here at house from individuals who had lived with me for over seven years … It's loopy.


“To go to my father, who was the guy who chased my dream with me, and say, ‘Dad, I want to give up,’ is crazy.”








Richarlison revealed in September 2023 that he skilled a tumultuous interval off the sphere.


This got here to gentle when he was noticed in tears on the bench after being substituted in Brazil’s 5-1 victory in opposition to Bolivia.


One of many elements contributing to his misery was his separation from his long-time agent, Renato Velasco.


It was rumoured that their cut up was a results of a monetary disagreement involving stolen funds.


“I’d just played in a World Cup, man, at my peak,” Richarlison continued. “I used to be reaching my restrict, ? I don’t know, I’m not going to speak about killing myself, however I used to be in a melancholy there, and I wished to surrender.


“Even I, who appeared to be mentally sturdy. After the World Cup it appeared prefer it all fell aside.


“I believe the therapist, prefer it or not, saved me, saved my life. I solely thought garbage … Even on Google, I solely looked for garbage, I solely wished to see garbage about demise.


“Right now I can say, search for a psychologist, should you want a psychologist, search for one as a result of it’s good so that you can open up like that, so that you can be speaking to the particular person. Right now a [psychologist] got here to thank me for taking this to the world of soccer, to the world, exterior the pitch too, as a result of it is vitally vital and, whether or not we prefer it or not, it saves lives.


“I had this prejudice before, I thought it was nonsense, I thought I was crazy. In my family, there are people who think that anyone who goes to a psychologist thinks they are crazy, they think they are insane. But I discovered this and thought it was wonderful. The best thing, really the best discovery I’ve ever had in my life.”


The ahead accomplished a £60 million ($75.7m) switch from Everton to Spurs in July 2022.


Richarlison has gained 48 caps for Brazil, though he was an unused substitute in each of their fixtures this worldwide window, in opposition to England on Saturday and Spain on Tuesday.


You possibly can watch the complete interview under…



Followers gave their heartfelt response as Richarlison opens up in courageous interview revealing he ‘searched about demise on Google’…


@HLTCO: That is a particularly courageous factor for Richarlison to open up about publicly given his fame. His case, alongside so many others, proves that melancholy has nothing to do with private circumstance, it could possibly seize maintain of anybody at any level of their life. All energy to him. 🫡 The emotion in his voice is so clear whenever you watch the footage of this interview. Acceptance of psychological well being is miles higher than if was even 10 years in the past besides, Richarlison deserves infinite credit score for talking so brazenly on digicam about all of it.


@7142K21CF_: Honest play on opening up about your off subject points Richy lad take care. 💙👊🏻


@FTM1042: @richarlison97 we’re all extraordinarily pleased with you mate. 💙 exhibits the true psychological energy, braveness and willpower it's a must to open up about your individual psychological well being. So sorry you needed to undergo like that. Keep sturdy Richy


@1986_legend: A lad who got here hundreds of miles to play for Everton received it greater than lads who got here from down the street. All the time have a spot in my coronary heart.



The submit Richarlison opens up in courageous interview revealing he ‘searched about demise on Google’ appeared first on Fan Banter.

Supply - fanbanter.co.uk