Pere Romeu appointed new Barca Femeni manager


FC Barcelona v Olympique Lyonnais - UEFA Women’s Champions League Final 2024
Photo by Alex Caparros - UEFA/UEFA via Getty Images

All change

Barcelona Femeni have confirmed that Pere Romeu is the team’s new coach following the departure of Jonatan Giraldez.


Romeu, who has worked as assistant coach for the last three years, has signed a contract with the quadruple winners until 2026.





Here’s what Romeu’s had to say about his new role with the Catalans.


“I am very excited, I think I have a very ambitious challenge ahead of me,” he said.


“I would like to enjoy it to the fullest. I have had three seasons with the team, therefore I am knowledgeable and a man of the club, I know the day-to-day life of the team, 100% prepared and eager to face it.”


Barcelona will be hoping Romeu can continue the incredible success achieved by the women’s team in recent years during his tenure.


Romeu has previously worked with the club’s youth side - even coaching Gavi as a youngster - before joining the coaching staff of the women’s team alongside Giraldez.

Source - www.barcablaugranes.com