‘This is what I’ve fought for’ - Casado celebrates new Barca deal


FC Barcelona B v Cordoba CF - Primera RFEF Play Off Final 1st Leg
Photo by Pedro Salado/Getty Images

The midfielder has penned a four-year contract

Barcelona midfielder Marc Casado has officially signed a new contract at the club that runs until 2028.


The new deal has been in the works for some time now but is all signed, sealed and delivered - with the youngster expected to be a part of the first-team squad for next season.





Casado has spoken about his contract extension and admits it’s a dream to commit his future to the Catalan giants.



“This is what I have fought for since I was young. As I always say, this is every kid’s dream and I am now on the verge of achieving it,” he told the club’s media.


“I am very happy. In these moments I remember the support that I have always received from my friends and family. It’s a dream that is coming true.


“It’s not easy because in this club there are always the best players and there is huge competition but the goal of reaching Barca’s first team is what makes me keep working every day and in the end the reward comes.”



The Barca Atletic captain also spoke about his time with Rafa Marquez’s side and how it’s helped him develop.



“I look at my time at Barca Atletic with incredible pride. I think it has helped me grow a lot as a person as well as a player,” he added.


“I think that it has helped me learn about complicated situations and also about beautiful ones, that can happen in the world of football. and I am very excited to end this stage with promotion and I hope we can achieve that on Sunday.”



Casado and Barca Atletic take on Cordoba in the second leg of their play-off final at the weekend, with the tie locked at 1-1 after the first game.

Source - www.barcablaugranes.com