Klopp: Ref's response to Reds' revelry 'not OK'



Liverpool supervisor Jurgen Klopp has risked a Soccer Affiliation investigation into his feedback about referee Paul Tierney after accusing the official of claiming one thing "that is not ok" when issuing a yellow card for his celebrations after Diogo Jota's 94th minute winner in a 4-3 Anfield victory in opposition to Tottenham Hotspur.

Klopp additionally stated he desires to know "what he [Tierney] has against us" after hitting out on the official for the second time in 18 months.

- Ogden: How Liverpool nabbed inconceivable 3 factors in top-4 push
- Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, extra (U.S.)

Klopp stated after a 2-2 draw at Tottenham in December of 2021 that he has "no idea what his [Tierney] problem is with me." Klopp was booked for celebrating Jota's aim and confronting fourth official John Brooks, however he stated his anger with the referee stemmed from a failure to award a foul on Mohamed Salah within the build-up to Richarlison's equaliser for Spurs.

"How they can give a foul on Mohamed Salah [before Spurs' third goal]. We have our history with [Paul] Tierney, I really don't know what he has against us, he has said there is no problems but that cannot be true.

"How he seems to be at me, I do not perceive it. In England, no one has to make clear these conditions, it is actually difficult and arduous to know. My celebration was pointless, which is truthful, however what he stated to me when he gave me the yellow card just isn't OK."

When asked to expand on his comments and reveal what Tierney is alleged to have said, Klopp refused to go into further detail.

"I cannot say something," Klopp said. "The refs do not say what is claimed, so I do not The issue is, I've to say, Paul Tierney in a season (2021-22) which is vital did not give Harry Kane a purple card and I like Harry Kane and gave Robbo [Andy Robertson] a purple card.

"It is not the first time, there are so many things. No one on the stadium wanted the foul for Mo Salah, the linesman flag down, it is not OK we shouldn't do that, we are role models, but first and foremost human beings.

"I did not say something to the fourth official, however circled to him to have fun. I acquired a yellow card, I feel he thought I ought to have gotten a unique punishment."

Klopp, meanwhile, appeared to injure himself while celebrating Jota's goal and he confirmed after the game that he pulled his hamstring in the incident.

"I pulled my hamstring, sure," Klopp said. "It is dangerous sufficient, so truthful punishment for not behaving the straight away. I've ache for a couple of days, however Mr. Tierney not."




Supply hyperlink - espnfc.com