Jeff Stelling offers a witty but emotional goodbye speech as Sky Sports look again at his finest bits


Jeff Stelling offers a witty but emotional goodbye speech as Sky Sports look again at his finest bits all through his time on Soccer Saturday.

Jeff Stelling stated farewell to the nation’s TV screens following the conclusion of the 2022/23 Premier League season on Sunday night as a part of his ultimate Soccer Saturday present on Sky Sports.


He has labored on the broadcaster for over 30 years however introduced his final programme.


He revealed that Elton John had known as him personally earlier than holding again the tears as he delivered a monologue to viewers watching at house.






Talking after being given a standing ovation by his colleagues, Stelling stated: “I'm not going to indicate any feelings in any respect, under no circumstances. Effectively thanks guys. That was good, thanks very a lot to whoever made that, it was implausible and thanks for the applause. I imply that is tough… as a result of I’ve modified my thoughts! Simply kidding, I haven’t modified my thoughts this time.


“That was implausible to see, individuals who we now have all labored with, the likes of Alan Mullery who I haven’t seen for years and Frank McLintock and Clive Allen in addition to the entire outdated gang – that’s some implausible messages throughout the previous few days from the likes of Gordon Strachan who was texting me this morning.


“Neil Warnock, Richie Humphreys who was a Sheffield Wednesday and Hartlepool legend.. Kammy after all. Folks from outdoors of soccer, Georgie Ainslie, we all know her as Georgie Thompson who's Ben Ainslie’s spouse. Elton John rang me this week .


“Any individual requested me the opposite day if I've ever been starstruck and yeah, I used to be starstruck when Elton John rang me at house to say ‘Thank you very much for all you have done. Every week I watch the show and every week you tell me Watford are losing and every week you tell me Hartlepool are losing, so I feel like we’re kindred spirits’.


“There’s one thing in that isn’t there. The nice factor is it’s what individuals don’t know is that it’s a staff recreation proper by means of to individuals in name centres who take your calls if one thing goes incorrect, proper by means of to the runners who work on the present, the manufacturing staff, the individuals behind the cameras and clearly the people who find themselves right here – we now have heard from plenty of them Tommo [Phil Thompson] and Charlie [Nicholas], Matt Le Tissier and this gang of 4.


“It’s all been completely implausible, all people I’ve labored with over the previous 30 years I want to say thanks for that. It is a monologue isn’t it… it’s not simply this present by the best way, I need to point out individuals on the Successful Publish, the horse racing I did for a few years as properly. Occasions of Our Lives which was a sequence I did with Mark Pearman which I completely adored doing.


“Stay snooker, darts, greyhound racing, pool, the final 4 my then late nice boss Vic Wakeling stated to me ‘They’re all working-class sports activities son, you are able to do all of them’. It was true, it’s been completely great in that respect, it’s been the most effective job that anyone may have probably wished for.


“My wife Lizzie takes great pleasure in saying ‘You’re the luckiest man ever to take a breath’, I don’t tell her this often but she’s right. But look, the principal success of Soccer Saturday is you lot at home who have given us unswirling support both for the programme and for me personally so that’s it, Soccer Saturday will be back next season – I’ll be watching when Hartlepool are not playing. But from me, goodbye.”


The publish Jeff Stelling offers a witty but emotional goodbye speech as Sky Sports look again at his finest bits appeared first on Fan Banter.

Supply - fanbanter.co.uk