Kimmich responds to talk of summer move to Barca


FC Bayern München v Arsenal FC: Quarter-final Second Leg - UEFA Champions League 2023/24
Photo by Marco Steinbrenner/DeFodi Images via Getty Images

The Germany international is out of contract in 2025

Joshua Kimmich has been talking about his future amid speculation he could leave Bayern Munich and join Barcelona.


Xavi is said to be a big fan of Kimmich and Bayern hit out at the Catalans last summer for openly flirting with the Germany international.


Kimmich’s current contract expires in 2025 and he offered up the following response when asked about a possible move to Barcelona in an interview with AS.



“At the moment I’m not thinking about this. As I already said, I will speak to Bayern first. But of course Barcelona and Real Madrid are amazing clubs with an amazing history,” he said.


“I want to talk to Bayern. And when I do that, I won’t go out and talk to the press about it. I’m only focused on the two games against Real Madrid.”



Kimmich’s future may well depend on who replaces Thomas Tuchel as coach, although the Bayern star insists the club is always the most important thing.



“This is a really interesting question for me, but it’s not the most important thing right now. I know that when you sign a contract you don’t sign it with the coach. You sign it with the club,” he added.


“For me, the most important thing is the club, not just the coach. But of course it’s also important to know what the coach thinks about you and the team. Other people in the club worry about choosing the coach.”



The Bayern star also spoke about the fact he no longer has an agent and how it will potentially affect transfer talks.



“The advantage is that you can speak for yourself, but this can also be a disadvantage. Sometimes it’s hard to talk about yourself. You are responsible for your decision,” he explained.


“This is the most important thing for me: being at the table, listening directly to what those in charge say and being able to speak directly with the club and the coach. This helps me make a very good decision for my family and me.”



Kimmich is thought to be one of Barca’s top targets this summer if they are able to spend. Bernardo Silva, Guido Rodriguez and Everton’s Amadou Onana have also been mentioned as possible options.



Source - www.barcablaugranes.com