Fermin eager to renew with Barca, praises ‘great coach’ Flick


UD Almeria v FC Barcelona - LaLiga EA Sports
Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images

The midfielder is excited about the future

Fermin Lopez is looking forward to a bright future at Barcelona and admits he is keen to extend his contract at the club.


There’s been talk recently of interest from Premier League side Manchester United, but Lopez says he wants to extend his current deal with the Catalan giants.



“I hope it can happen. For me, Barça is the dream that I have had since I was little and now I can fulfill it.


“I hope I can spend many years at Barça,” he told Mundo Deportivo.



Lopez broke into the first team last season under Xavi but will work under a new coach in Hansi Flick when he returns from international duty.


The youngster is yet to meet his new manager but is looking forward to working with the German in Catalunya.



“I personally haven’t met him yet,” he added.


“From some of the teams I have seen of him, I think he is a great coach and he will surely help us win titles this year.”



Lopez is currently at Euro 2024 with Spain but did not feature in the opener against Croatia. However, he’s raring to go and says he’s ready to play from the start “or even just for 10 minutes.”

Source - www.barcablaugranes.com